Sunday, August 21, 2016

Queen & Co. Butterfly Shaker Card

I went to my crop with Crop Connection at the end of July and was able to work on a wedding album for my aunt.  However, during the crop, they have contests.  One of which is to judge a project you do in different categories...cards, one page layouts, two page layouts, and 3D projects like mini albums, or canvases, etc.  So I did a card.  I decided that I wanted to make the card that I ordered from Queen & Co. that is a shaker card kit.  They have a different kit every few months and it includes the die to cut out the top layer that goes with the foam front.  They also include the little shaker parts and in the case of my card, it included their new "diamond" shaker elements.  Wow!!  They are so pretty.  I am so glad I got that one.  They only have them for a little while, then they are gone.  And I could not see where you could order past kits.  Bummer!  Oh well, the last one they did was a snowcone/cupcake shaker.  It was cute but not enough for me to get.  So I am waiting to see what the next one is. 

Here is the card I made.  I think it came out so stinkin cute.  And apparently the crop judges did too because I won FIRST PLACE!!!  Whoo hoo!!!  The prize I got for winning was a scrapbook kit that included the papers, and all the ephemera that go with it. So it was well worth the FUN I had putting the card together. LOL  I can't remember the name of the kit for this post but I believe I tell you in the video below because I show the whole kit.



The flowers that I added were Recollection flowers from Michaels. I also added a metal butterfly with a little bling on it.  The sentiment came from a Hot Off the Press stamp set (and I can't remember the name of it) with the feathers on it.
Watch the video so you can see it a little better up close.  I also show the prize I got as well.  Let me know what you think about the card.  Thanks tons!


1 comment: