-->

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Altered Letters for Grandbaby's Room

I have shared this on my YouTube channel but not here on my blog (so sorry about that). I have "status" videos for my project until it was finished.  But I will show you the finished product below.  If you want to see the status videos you can view them on my YT channel.  I think it came out rather cute.  I followed the "pattern" from the bedding they put in the room.  I just looked it up on Goggle and printed out some pictures to go by.  I then had to size the animals to fit the size of the letters.  Then I printed them out and cut out the figures with a craft knife to create a stencil so I could just paint it on the letters from paper.

I will be doing another video showing it up in the baby's room and also show the baby's room where they painted a mural in it.  It is so stinkin cute!  Let me know what you think about the letters. 






Then here is the video showing the final project.  Thanks for watching and leave me a comment on how you think it turned out.  This is my first time in altering letters, especially trying to make it look like something already created (animals and such).


Friday, July 25, 2014

Wedding Card

I made this wedding card at the crop I went to a couple of weeks ago - Crop Connection Summer 2014.  I put it in the card contest and won second prize!!!  Whoo hoo!  The card that won first was a box pop up card.  It was very cute.  I saw a couple of videos on YouTube that I got the idea from.  The one from The Stamp Camp was easier to follow.  You can click here to see that video. I watched the video twice and did not take notes.  So when I got to the crop I was hoping I could remember how to do it.  Fortunately, the tutorial was so easy to following that it was no problem getting it together.  Here is how it turned out.  Enjoy!





Friday, July 4, 2014

Card Share

I got on a card making kick I guess but I had fun doing it.  I am trying to use things in my craft room that I have had for awhile and have never used.  I am sure you guys have stuff like that right?  From paper to embellishments to stamps - I have got to use what I have.  I am trying to make myself do this instead of buying a whole bunch of stuff I won't be using until another year.  Then I will have to do this process all over again right?  LOL

Below are some pics and a video. Thanks tons!












Bead Flowers I Made

I got this idea from someone on YouTube.  The ones with a bunch of petals are the ones that they showed.  The ones with less are the ones I was playing around with and this is how they came out.  It's not too hard to do. You just have to be patient when spacing the petals.  Here is a closer look.  Thanks!


Saturday, June 21, 2014

Father's Day Cards

Here are the Father's Day cards I made for my Dad and my hubby.  It really took me awhile to do these because I wanted to get them just right.  For my hubby's card, I had some stickers that I wanted to use because he is such a football fan so they were perfect.  And on the inside the remote sentiment was REALLY perfect. LOL  For my Dad's card, it took me a little longer.  I knew I wanted to use "The Guy Stack" from DCWV cuz there were sections in there relating to different things like "fix-it" guy which I used for my Dad and "sports" which I used for hubby but they also had like ties and BBQ stuff, etc.  The sentiment for my Dad's card is something I came up with.  He has always been the "fix-it" guy in the family - he fixed cars and things around the house, etc.  But he also has grown roses my whole life.  And he actually got rose bushes for his birthday this year to plant at his new house.  So the sentiment just felt appropriate.

Below are pics of the cards and a video showing them closer.  Thanks!









Belated Birthday Card

Oh my goodness!  I feel like an awful scrappy friend.  I forgot a scrappy friend's birthday so I made her this card to mail to her.  I have been wanting to use these sunflower rub-ons for a long time but never had the opportunity to do so.  I did some inking with three colors of distress inks to go with the color of the flower. I also have been wanting to use these bling "flourishes" which I have a ton of so I decided to use them as butterfly trails.  Cute!  However, those things are a pain to get on there right because they stick to your fingers and then the glue gets stretched so it does not lay exactly the same as it was on the sheet it came on.  But I managed to get it on there after what seemed like forever.

I inked the inside also and put another flower in the corner. And the card opens like you see it here. I put the sentiment sideways because of the way the elements sat.  Here are some pictures and a video on the card. Hope you like it.